Reel Emergency Project
Building the Collection
The Asian Film Archive preserves film prints, digital masters and film-related materials in a permanent collection focusing on culturally important works by independent Asian filmmakers.
To build the Collection, we invite contributions from filmmakers, collectors, companies
and the public. Accepted works will be preserved in a climate controlled environment
(with the National Archives of Singapore)
and will form part of the Asian Film Archive Collection, without cost to the depositor.
Works deposited will not constitute a transfer of copyrights and will remain with
the legal rights holder. Information on all submitted material will be stored in
a public online database and reference
copies will be available for viewing only within the (National Library) premises
of library@esplanade) as part of the Archive's efforts to maximize
the reach of Asian films, unless otherwise specified by the filmmaker.
From 2007, emphasis is on works by Southeast Asian filmmakers.
We are accepting works of
- film gauges and video format (35mm, 16mm, 8mm, super 8, digiBeta, BetaSP, miniDV, VHS, HD, DVD and
- length (short, medium or feature)
- genre (narrative, documentary, experimental or animation)
- film-related materials, such as stills, posters, scripts, storyboards, festival catalogues,
thesis and articles.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Please fill up the online submission form.
- Send in a copy of your film (preferably in DVD or VCD format) for the selection panel. Mark
on your parcel that it is for "non-commercial and cultural purposes."
You can send your screeners to us at the following address:
Coordinator, Reel Emergency Project
Asian Film Archive
c/o Library Supply Centre
3 Changi South Street 2
Xilin Districentre Building B
Tel: (65) 6777 3243